Hi! I’m Lauren B. But not one of the approximately one zillion Lauren B’s from the Bachelor franchise. I’m a newlywed (as of 5/19/18) living in NYC. I’m a loud, outgoing girl and I’m here to chat with you all about, well, everything! I am starting this blog on my 29th birthday as a way to connect with people from all over the country and the world, and just have fun! I’m a speech language pathologist by day and a girl of many – quite varied – interests by night…and sometimes early in the morning. Here are seven things you should know about me:
- I am 28 years old and have been living in NYC for 4 years. I love living in the city, but I often feel like I don’t experience all that I could. Part of my goal for this blog is to get out and explore the city more, really play tourist, and let you all know the very best (or worst) it has to offer.
- I have the best husband in the world. I know, total cliche, but he is! His name is Brian and we met through a mutual friend, have been together for 5 ½ years and have so much fun doing life together. We love all things Disney, love to travel, eat good food (and not so good food), spend time with our friends and family, and have been to about a million weddings together. #dancepartnersforlife
- I have very unusual (so I’m told) taste in books. I love to read, and will read almost anything that’s recommended to me, but I have a particular looove for YA fiction. I share a birthday with Harry Potter (the REAL HP, not Daniel Radcliffe) and consider it the best of the best. Of course, I love the #classics like Twilight, The Hunger Games series, and the Divergent series – although, let’s all be honest with ourselves, Allegiant was a tragedy – but I also love exploring new titles. I’m currently loving the Arcana Chronicles series by Kresley Cole and just finished The True Reign series by Jennifer Anne Davis. I also love historical fiction and chick lit. Stay tuned for some book reviews. And don’t worry, they won’t all be YA!
- I love fitness! I am not a fitness professional by any stretch of the imagination, but while I was in graduate school I overhauled my health and fitness routine, and I’m always searching for new and fun ways to get a workout in. I’ve tried it all. Right now, I consider myself a distance runner, Crossfitter, and everyday cardio lover.
- I’m really into Mount Everest. Like really, really, really into it. My poor friends have had to listen to me lecture them about Sherpa rights, endlessly analyze summit strategies of people I’ve never met, and watch documentaries about this beautiful mountain.
- I have been a pescatarian for the past 6 years. I made the choice while I was in graduate school because a friend of mine was vegetarian and was often over my apartment for meals. I tried for a month and never looked back. #givemeallthesaladsandsushi I’m always looking for simple, easy, meals that please even true meat eaters, because my husband is like #givemeallthechickenwings Chips and salsa are my life, but I’m hoping to add to my favorite recipes by exploring even more as I work on this blog.
- I had three ancestors on the Mayflower, and I think that’s neat. I love looking at family trees and doing research on my ancestry. I’ve heard great things about 23 and Me and definitely want to give it a try. Stay tuned.
Basically, what I’m trying to say is “Welcome!” Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I’m so glad you’re here! To start off, I’m going to be posting new content on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, so be sure to check back! I can’t wait to explore all sorts of new things, hear from all of you (for real, I need book recommendations, recipes, and your favorite workouts!), and basically let you in on lifewithlaurenb.
(photo by Anchor and Lace Photography)