Random Monday post coming at ya! I thought I would do a quick post today to talk about my birthday that was just this past Tuesday. I turned 29 and I’m super excited to be where I am in life at age 29. I have a steady job, an amazing husband, I’m healthy, I have amazing friends and family, and I am just loving life! On Tuesday, I got up and went to my regular 5:45am Crossfit class for a birthday workout, then headed to work as usual. I left work early (since I can – it’s summer and there are no kiddos around!), came home, grabbed a snack and then went out for a run. It was a difficult run, which was discouraging, but since it was my birthday, I reminded myself that I’m grateful to be able to go out for a run – even when it’s tough. Then my husband and I went out to dinner and ice cream!
When I went to bed that night I was thinking about what I can do to make sure that 29 is my best year yet and I started brainstorming some things to do this year. Not all of them are “goals,” some are just things I want to make sure I do (or do more of) this year and I thought it would be helpful to jot them down and publish them on the internet to hold me accountable. Here are the things I’m sure will make my 29th year great!
- Keep working out consistently – I’ll get into this in another post but it really is key!
- Try at least 3 new workout classes.
- Get a tattoo.
- Stretch and foam roll more.
- Make more home cooked meals.
- Add new recipes to my “can make without looking at a recipe” repertoire.
- Get my health and ancestry results from 23 and Me.
- Blog consistently. 2-3x/week.
- Read for pleasure during the school year. This is so hard, but I really enjoy reading and find that I do so much less from September-June.
- Put my phone away when I’m with friends and family. Gah! Why is this SO hard for me!? It’s mostly Google when I’m with others, but I need to let it go when I can’t think of that actors name!
- Host a dinner party. A real one, with place settings and a menu we make from scratch.
- Learn some basic ASL.
- Go to more “well” visits at the doctors/dentist/dermatologist/gyno.
- Get more comfortable saying “no” when I don’t want to do things. There’s no need to make excuses for not coming to someone’s birthday party. Just “No, thanks,” has to be enough. We’re adults.
- Take more photos! Especially using my “real” camera.
- Save money.
- Do more outdoor activities with friends and family. Hiking in particular. But not biking. Fun fact: I HATE biking.
- PR in the half-marathon.
- Find and stick to a consistent skincare routine (would LOVE suggestions!).
- Get a really good haircut. Chop chop!
- Go on a girls trip.
- Bake a really good loaf of bread.
- Learn more about wine.
- Go to a concert.
- Invest more time in my relationships with friends and family.
- Stop “venting” at work so much.
- Obviously, going along with my intentions for this blog I want to visit more restaurants, museums, and fun things in NYC.
- Get a dog!
- Say YES more often!
Do you all have any big plans for this year?
Have a great week everyone!